Friday 1 April 2016

Task 4b - Developing a Special Interest Group (SIG)

I am involved with the local ‘Starlight’ Company and we are able to have group discussions as well as keeping in touch through ‘WhatsApp’.

Since September last year I have been involved in creating a Facebook page ‘HSFC BTEC Dance’ to enable the Sixth Form students to share their ideas through videos and images and ask questions. This has helped me in keeping up to date with new choreography and extending my teaching experience to them by being able to discuss auditions etc. This group page was very helpful in them responding to my questions for professional inquiry.

Again I use Facebook as the platform for me to keep up to date and ask questions to my friends and professionals met through college. This enables us to see what each other is involved in, auditioning for or if they have an upcoming contract, as well as supporting and congratulating them on their achievements.


I feel being part of a group is an essential tool to help and keep me up to date in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment