Sunday 18 October 2015

Task 2a: Reflective Journal

Turning the page in my student handbook to Task 2 and seeing words 'Journal' and 'Reflective' my initial thoughts were - OH NO!!



I have never written or wanted to write a journal as it was something I didn't like the idea of or see any point in plus I am quite a private person when it comes to expressing feelings and thoughts and for some reason I sometimes feel scared about reflecting back on what has happened especially if in that moment of the event I wasn't happy or felt unsure and nervous. The only time I had to write one was in college for part of the contextual studies where we had to keep a daily or weekly journal about several classes. I found it really hard especially with finding time in my day to sit down and make notes, I also felt like I was repeating myself a lot, however it was a good reference for when writing my final piece of work. I always like a challenge and think this task will be a big one!


I think the best way I am going to record my experiences, challenges and thoughts will be on my phone in ‘notes’ for when I am out and about but when I am home I do like making notes with the good old pen and paper so I will use both these elements of recording but would like to experiment with other ways of journaling throughout this module like spider diagrams or graphs.


2 comments:

  1. Like the humour! there is good cause to question why reflective practice is needed - is it just another thing to do in an already busy day? Notes are a great place to start - 'notes' are used in theatre' - journals for creative writing - we used to have creative sketchbooks in the arts - so collection /gathering observing developing - in inquiry critically sensing what is important to focus on - so a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going along the use of notes on my phone and pen and paper too but how have you found using a journal with the use of spider diagrams or graphs? i can't really think of ways of going into it with diagrams unless I'm being incredibly critical of myself I guess and going deep into the thoughts in my head... (not sue if thats a good thing or not) x

    ReplyDelete